mt-ashland-stoke-certified-best-practices-local-employment

mt-ashland-stoke-certified-best-practices-local-employment

As expected with a community driven ski area, Mt. Ashland prides itself on hiring all local staff and appointing local stakeholders to their Board. Mt. Ashland currently employs 95% local (within a 30-mile radius of the ski area) while the other 5% live just beyond that 30-mile radius. This translates to a big bump in the local economy—contributing $845,783 to the local workforce for the 2016/17 season alone. Keeping jobs local engenders community involvement and integration with the operation’s sustainability goals and leads to low staff turnover rates. Residents of the Rogue Valley are passionate about their local mountain and when you visit, you’ll know why.